12 Secrets of Financial Power
Most of us don't make one big financial decision that makes us successful. Instead, everyday decisions on spending put us on a path to succeed or fail. Follow these 12 steps from Iowa Jump$tart to get on the path to success.
- Make a budget and be frugal.
- Find money to invest; even small amounts add up.
- Pay off college loans ASAP.
- Pay off credit card balances monthly.
- Build a rainy day stash for emergencies.
- Fund a Roth IRA, and put in the maximum annual contribution.
- Max out your 401(k), and take advantage of employer match.
- Buy a house to live in.
- Choose term insurance if you need life insurance.
- Make a will.
- Increase your net worth; diversify as you go.
- Work with UBTC to get help meeting your financial goals.