Safe and Convenient Mobile Banking Tips
Convenience is the driving factor in the rise of mobile banking. It opens the doors to consumer choice and access to banking options. But, as mobile devices, like smartphones and iPads, become more popular, hackers are finding savvy ways to steal information. UBTC urges consumers to be cautious when using mobile devices to do their banking.
Following a few simple steps can prevent a big headache later. UBTC offers the following tips to protect your information:
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you’re not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Log out completely when you complete a mobile banking session.
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you change your phone number or lose you mobile device, let your financial institution know right away.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and report suspicious activity to your financial institution immediately.