At United Bank & Trust Company, we make the extra effort our customers appreciate. In addition to providing practical account options and convenient loans, we offer a wide variety of other services to help you manage your money better and more conveniently. You’ll find our personal bankers have a wealth of experience and truly enjoy working personally with you to find the best solution to your financial needs.
Our Sheffield, Dows, Alden and Hampton locations each have a 24 x 7 ATM on site. Cash-only ATMs are available inside the front vestibules of our Sheffield and Dows offices. Drive-up ATMs are located on site at our Hampton and Alden offices. Our ATM’s are the next best thing to having your own personal teller 24 hours a day!
MONEYLine Phone Banking
With our simple phone banking service, you can access your account information anytime - morning, noon, or night. Whether you’re balancing your checkbook late at night or transferring money while on vacation, MONEYLine makes banking easy. The simple, step-by-step instructions walk you through your transactions from any touch tone phone. Check your balances and cleared transactions, transfer funds, and much more – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! All menu options are also available in Spanish.
Convenient 24-hour night depositories are available at all four of our locations – Alden, Dows, Hampton and Sheffield. If you can’t make it to the bank during regular business hours, you can be certain that your deposits will be made first thing the following business day.
Turn any ATM into your own personal teller with our ATM card! You can use your ATM card to withdraw cash, check your balance, make a deposit or transfer money. It gives you access to your checking or savings account funds any time of any day.
SHAZAMChek Debit Cards
A UBTC debit card provides you with an economical and convenient way to buy the products and services you need. Use your debit card wherever MasterCard debit cards are accepted to purchase anything you may need… in one easy step! UBTC debit cards issued April 1, 2016, and after utilize chip card technology in conjunction with the traditional magnetic stripe. The chip adds an additional layer of security to in-person card transactions.
United Bank & Trust Company has partnered with SHAZAM, our electronic funds transfer network, to implement additional layers of security. Falcon Fraud Manager monitors your card activity for fraudulent transactions. If suspicious activity is detected you will be contacted by UBTC, or a SHAZAM fraud specialist callng on our behalf, to verity the transactions in question. SHAZAM Bolt$ is a fraud transaction alerting, balance monitoring and ATM locator application. You can also use this app to block and unblock your debit card with our transaction control feature! Download SHAZAM Bolt$ for free from the Apple Store, Google Play or log into bolts.shazam.net and select 'New Mobile Card User'. To view the cardholder user guide click here.
We offer VISA Platinum cards. They're small on rates and big on rewards! No matter where you are in the world, you'll enjoy the benefits reserved exclusively for cardholders. See your banker for more information.
UBTC Travel Cards are the smart, secure way to travel. They combine the advantages of traditional Travelers Cheques with the convenience of a prepaid reloadable card. UBTC Travel Cards are accepted at millions of MasterCard debit merchants and ATMs. Unlike cash, they're replaceable or refundable if lost or stolen. They are accepted as currency around the world.
A UBTC Reloadable Card puts you in control. Enjoy convenient features such as direct deposit, online and phone purchasing power, ATM acceptance and so much more! With a UBTC Reloadable Card you only spend what you load on the card. Take advantage of direct deposit and card reloads whenever you need.
Give the perfect gift with a UBTC Gift Card! They’re great for birthdays, weddings, graduation, holidays and so much more. Take advantage of our large card order (25+ cards) and select your card design and message – wow! (Not FDIC Insured)
Do you ever worry because you …
- are late balancing your checkbook?
- forgot to record an automatic payment?
- can't remember the exact amount of a check you wrote?
- went to the bank late with a deposit?
- had to write a check in an emergency?
If these situations sound familiar you should consider our overdraft protection tools!
Automatic Transfers from Savings
If you sign up for United Bank & Trust Company's Automatic Transfer program, we will automatically transfer funds from your savings account to your checking account when your checking account becomes overdrawn. This automatic transfer can protect you from the cost and embarrassment of an overdraft or a bounced check.*
United Bank & Trust Company's Ready Reserve Overdraft Line of Credit is another great financial tool to have in your banking toolbox. It is a simple, cost-effective way to avoid unexpected overdrafts and resulting fees.
How It Works:
- Automatic advances are made from your Ready Reserve Line of Credit into your checking account when your account is overdrawn
- Advances are made in $200 increments
- Pay all or part of your Ready Reserve balance at any time, or let Ready Reserve make automatic payments for you each month
- Ready Reserve funds are also available when you use your ATM card or SHAZAMChek debit card
IMPORTANT: Ready Reserve is subject to credit approval.
* Note: Federal regulations limit the number of automatic withdrawals from a savings account to six per month.
Are your valuables protected from fire and theft? A safe deposit box at United Bank & Trust Company can provide convenient safekeeping for your important papers and belongings. Don't take chances by keeping your valuables “safe” at home … find peace of mind by protecting them in a safe deposit box at United Bank & Trust Company.
Please note that box sizes are approximate and availability will vary by location.
UBTC box sizes include:
- 3” X 5” X 23”
- 3” X 10” X 23”
- 5” X 5” X 23”
- 5” X 10” X 23”
- 10” X 10” X 23”
Use our safe deposit boxes to protect:
- Birth/ Marriage Certificates
- Will/Trust Papers
- Tax Receipts
- Auto Titles/Insurance Policies
- Household/Business Insurance Inventories
- Computer Back-up Disks
United Bank & Trust Company's safe deposit boxes are available during business hours for a small annual rental fee. Contact one of our offices for pricing information and availability. Start safeguarding your valuables today!
Trust and Fiduciary Services
“Trust Company” is part of our name for good reason. We can be a valuable and trusted component in managing our customers’ financial matters when they are gone or unable to do so. The staff and trust officers of United Bank & Trust Company can work with you to develop and carry out a plan that assure the financial well being of you and your loved ones. There just is no good reason not to do estate planning!
United Bank & Trust Company and Your Estate
A well thought out estate plan offers several important benefits:
- It brings peace of mind because you – not the state – decide who inherits your assets and family heirlooms.
- Your beneficiaries are more at ease, too, because they know your estate plan is in place, which alleviates them of the worry and stress of wondering how everything will be handled.
- If your estate is large, the tax savings from a properly designed estate plan can be very, very significant.
United Bank & Trust Company and your attorney are important members of your estate planning team. Your attorney takes the lead by working with you to develop the right kind of estate plan for accomplishing your goals. Once a plan is in place and the time is appropriate, we are there to help carry it out.
Examples of our estate and trust services include:
- Executor or Co-Executor: The bank, as executor, works with your attorney to carry out the terms of your will. This includes preparation of your estate inventory, publication of required notices, filing of all tax returns and court reports, conveyance of property and final settlement of the estate.
- Trustee or Co-Trustee: If your estate plan calls for a trust, you may choose to name United Bank & Trust Company as your trustee. As trustee, the bank will professionally manage your trust assets and distribute the income and principal to the designated beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of your trust agreement. The bank provides all trust accounting services and files required tax returns. If your trust calls for annual reports to your trust beneficiaries or to the court, the bank prepares and files these reports, as well.
United Bank & Trust Company as Conservator
As a court approved conservator, the bank manages the assets for a person who is unable to handle their own financial affairs. In this role, the bank also sees that all bills are paid on time and that all tax returns are promptly and properly filed. The bank also prepares and files annual reports to the court.